Thursday, March 3, 2011

Savvy

by Ingrid Law

Grade: To Own
Story: See back cover: "What if your grandpa moves mountains, one of your brothers causes hurricanes, another creates electricity, ... and now it's your turn?"

Perfect, Lovely, Awesome. Just the sort of book I like. It has the eccentric family, the cool powers, the minimal (but still present) romance, the completely unique characters, and the general awesomeness.

I'm going to quote the first sentence here, even though everyone else who's ever reviewed it seems to have as well. But it's awesome, you see.

"When my brother Fish turned thirteen, we moved to the deepest part of inland because of the hurricane and, of course, the fact that he'd caused it."

Speaking of which, why is Fish such an awesome name for a person? You wouldn't think it, as fish are slimy and smelly. But it is awesome all the same. And Mibs and Rocket and Samson and Gypsy.

I love how, even though Mibs is the main character, a lot of the story is about the secondary characters such as Fish and Lester and all the rest.

In fact, I love the whole thing, but I'm exhausted and stressed so I'm not going to be able to write very well on it. So I'll stop now. Bye.

No comments: