Sunday, June 21, 2015

The Work of Mercy

by Mark Shea

Why You Will Like This Book:
  • Inspiring and well-written book on the corporal and spiritual works of mercy.
  • Mark Shea is very balanced in his opinions. It is a gift of his, I think, to not fall into political ideologies that tend to snare other people. Neither Left nor Right are free from his criticism or approval.

And Why You Might Not:
  • There are not as many practical suggestions as I wanted--it's more short musings than an explanation or a handbook. (It does give a helpful list of resources for practical action at the end, though.)



Thoughts: Unfortunately, this is going to be a very boring review. I didn't take any notes while reading, and it's been a while since I read this. But the upshot is, it was a great book, definitely worth reading. Gave me things to muse on (true, I forget what they are, but they're in my brain somewhere now, at least). Entertaining writing, insightful insights, good book. You should read it.

Grade: 3 1/2 stars

No comments: