Story summary: Cinderella as a cyborg. Sounds like a simple and maybe uninteresting premise, but there's a lot more to it, trust me.
Also see the sequels: Scarlet, Cress, and Winter.
- Did I mention Cyborgs and AIs?
- Also mind control and girl mechanics and strange people from the moon.
- In other words, the world-building is awesome.
- But there are also great familial relationships, interesting characters, and suspenseful plot.
- And "Cinderella as a cyborg" actually works surprisingly brilliantly.
And Why You Shouldn't:
- It is written in a definite Young Adult style. Not my favourite, but if everything else is really good, as it is in this book, then it doesn't matter so much.
- Nothing really gets resolved. You're going to have to read the other three books in the series to get answers, relationships, etc.
It's not exactly the deepest of books, but it's really, really fun and I can't wait for the rest of the books.
Also, eye-catching and attractive cover, no?