Story Summary: The birth and youth of a young dark elf, struggling against the dishonour, corruption, and malice of his homeland.
First book in "The Legend of Drizzt" series.
Why You Will Like This Book:
- Cool world building for a dark, amoral society, and cool character building for a complex and unusual protagonist.
- There are awesome fighting skills. Seriously awesome.
- Also the training to get those skills. (I love training scenes.)
- It takes place in the very familiar fantasy world of elves, dwarves, halflings, etc., despite the interesting world building for the dark elf society.
- The dark elf society is definitely unpleasant. I enjoyed it, but others might not.
Also, the fight skillz were awesome-sauce and the spider god was terribly creepy. Well done there.
I actually want to try the second in the series now, which I totally didn't expect.