Friday, May 27, 2011

The City of Ember

by Jeanne DuPrau

Grade: Good
Story: Lina and Doon live in a city lit only by electricity, and the lights keep going out.


Ooo, claustrophobic! Dark, underground, fear. Not a good combination.
FAIRLY SMALL SPOILERS
But then the description of above the ground--once they got there in the end--was so wonderful and relieving and beautiful.
END OF FAIRLY SMALL SPOILERS

However, even though I'm curious about the people they meet above ground, I'm not sure if I'll read the rest for a while. Mostly because it was so much for younger people, I think. I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but I love children's books quite a lot. But sometimes the style is simply too young for me, as with this book. I think I'll give it my sister C.M.D. though. I think she'd like it.

LATER: She did. And now she's read all three sequels too.

No comments: