Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Asking for the Moon

by Reginald Hill

Grade: Good

My introduction to Dalziel and Pascoe. Good one to start with as this contains the very first meeting of Dalziel and Pascoe. I can see myself enjoying all the rest. I love the relationship between them, and the fact that Pascoe isn't stupid. I suppose they don't really do stupid sidekicks as much these days. No more Dr. Watsons for us, and actually--I don't mind. I liked Pascoe. And Dalziel was very amusing.
But Pascoe was better because he reminded me of Lewis, except not as nice. Wield's physical description of him was like him, anyhow:

"Nice mover, head held high, good shoulders, slim body, long legs."

And he's educated and well-spoken. Those are the only similarities, I guess.

I felt so sorry for poor Pascoe at the end of the last story. It's cool how he ended up, though.

No comments: