Saturday, September 17, 2011

Lost in the Cosmos: The Last Self-Help Book

by Walker Percy

Grade: To Own
Story: It's Non-Fiction, so, you know, not much of a story-line here. Although through out the book there are "Thought Exercises" whereby you imagine yourself in a hypothetical situation. Which counts as Fiction, I suppose. Now I'm going to quote the first paragraph of the front inside cover, because it really best describes the "story-line":
"How you can survive in the Cosmos, about which you know more and more while knowing less and less about yourself, this despite 10,000 self-help books, 100,000 psychotherapists, and 100 million fundamentalist Christians."

Review: Fabulous. Slightly unintelligible to one of limited intellectual faculties, such as myself. But I loved it anyway. I don't really know what to say in this review, because I'm not sure I understood it well enough to speak clearly on it. Or maybe I HAVE understood it, I just haven't fully absorbed it yet, and thus am not able to regurgitate what I've learned and thought about because of it.
Anyway, I'm planning to buy it and then I can study it some more. I also need to read other people thoughts on it, but I don't know where to find them.

No comments: