Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wolf Star

(also called: Wolf Star Rise)
by Tanith Lee

Grade: Good
Story: Claidi gets kidnapped and stuck in a very strange house.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! I had a post written out and it was actually rather good, and then stupid Blogger LOST it!!! GRRRRR!!!!!
Sigh.
Oh well. I'll try to recreate as much as I can, but I warn you, it won't be nearly so good.

SPOILERS

This was definitely my least favourite of the three. After I had finally decided that I really loved the Romance of the first book, Argul was basically non-existent throughout the entire book! And then she begins to fall for this Venn guy! GRRRR!!!

But that is what's refreshing about these books, and especially this heroine. Claidi is completely open with you. She pours out her heart to you, and when she tells you that she didn't fall for Venn very hard, it is the truth. It is not some sort of justification for her forbidden love or something, as it would be in a different book.

END SPOILERS

Other that, it was simply strange. Moving house, a guy with plants for hair, little tiny miniature animals, weird animal crosses. Usually I really like weird, creepy, strange. But this time ... I don't know. It was a bit too much. Maybe if the problem mentioned in the spoiler paragraph above wasn't there, I would have loved the whole thing, creepiness and all.

No comments: