Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Company of Swans

by Eva Ibbotson

Grade: Unfinished
Reat to: Page 52

I really tried with Eva Ibbotson...She just won't work. I won't try anymore.
Her book are rather formulaic for one thing. A nice girl has a suitor who is a bit strange in some respect (here he was against women learning and a bit too solemn--I liked him (NOT because he was against women learning, which is stupid)), who she kind of likes, but certainly doesn't love. Then she meets this manly guy and they fall in love, and then something separates them, but then they get back together. There's a lot of other stuff that's the same, but I can't remember it all, and bother to list the stuff I remember. It's boring.
One thing going for her is the cool details on Europe and music and art and such.

No comments: