Saturday, March 22, 2008

Ysabel

by Guy Gavriel Kay

Grade: Good
Reason: It had a lot of almost new-agey stuff in it, but I liked it. I even almost liked Ned, which I really didn't think I would. And I didn't mind Kate either. When I first read that there was a girl, I thought I'd hate the love-interest part of it. But actually, it wasn't too bad--maybe because they joked about it being the love interest so much? I liked the Celtic stuff in it and the historical stuff. And Ned was Canadian, and it took place in France. And I like people with magic powers. And there was a Roman! I liked him. But why was he bald?

Favourite part: When he meets the Roman for the second and third time, and when they say good-bye to him, and when he and the blonde antler guy walk into the chasm. It was a cool end, actually. For some reason, I also liked when he got terribly sick because of the blood.

Least favourite part: Too much swearing.

No comments: