Friday, April 27, 2012

Enthralled

edited by Melissa Marr and Kelley Armstrong

Grade: 2 stars

Thoughts: I got this book because of Sarah Rees Brennan (of the Demon's Lexicon series), and hers was one of the only stories I actually really liked. Ok, there were a few more that were somewhat interesting. However, most of those were stories set in the worlds of the novels of those authors. And I'm not interested in those particular series of novels, no matter how interesting the short stories were.

However, Sarah Rees Brennan is almost always awesome, and as I mentioned, I quite liked the story "Let's Get This Undead Show on the Road". There were interesting characters, with growth and everything, and there was no weird Romance (which most of the rest had (especially Melissa Marr's story--boy, that was...uber Romantic)). Also, there was this exchange (which may be funnier in context, and if you happen to be Canadian, like me):
"The man came from an enemy nation," Faye told him.
Bradley hesitated. "Canada?"
"They're a rebellious people. All that ice hockey, it fires the blood. I required soldiers to bring them down."
I wasn't hoping for too much from this collection, since I already knew I wasn't a fan of some of these authors, and there were no awesome authors I already knew about, except for SRB. The book is subtitled "Paranormal Diversions", so I was hoping for at least a little more good stuff. Ah well.

No comments: