Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Gone

by Michael Grant

Grade: Good
Story: "One minute the teacher was talking about the Civil War. And the next minute he was gone." So it's only the kids left, and of course lots of horrible things happen.

It's way too late and I'm exhausted, so this'll be fast.

--Like a mix between Hunger Games and The Lord of the Flies and some YA book I can't think of.
--In other words, kids die gruesomely.
--But it's fantastic. I mean, not the dying, the book. Flies along at a break neck speed, and you can't stop reading for the life of you.
--Weird mix between SciFi and Fantasy. When I was half way through, I couldn't figure out whether the ultimate villain would be an evil wizard, or some random act of physics. I still can't, actually. I would explain more about what I mean, except for the reasons I stated at the beginning of this.
--There are already four sequels. Gracious! Can't wait.

EDIT: Here are the reviews for the sequels: Hunger, Lies, Plague, Fear, and Light.

No comments: