Monday, February 7, 2011

Before I Fall

by Lauren Oliver

Grade: All right
Story: Sam dies, and she's forced to live the same day over and over. A bit like "Groundhog Day" except better, and in highschool.

BOY am I glad I didn't have to go through highschool. It sounded utterly horrible. I guess that was partly the point. Anyway, this is a book I almost put down in the first chapter, and maybe I should have. I don't know. It was so very much immersed in the culture that popular highschool students have. But it was gripping, and I wasn't feeling well, and I wanted to know if Sam got any less insufferable. And she does.

Oh, and the love interest! I actually liked him! That was cool. I think it was because he was obviously not the superior handsome boy that so many heroines fall in love with. He was sweet and a bit geeky. (And he wore a cool hat!)

No comments: