Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Meetings in the Enderverse

by Orson Scott Card

Grade: Good

The Polish Boy: His view on Catholics is a bit off. Some of it was surprisingly sympathetic--he was obviously trying to be unbiased and tolerant and all that--but some of it was not pleasant.

Teacher's Pest: Good enough. I quite liked it, actually.

Ender's Game: Much more similar than I thought to the novel. I'd have thought he'd have changed a lot, but he didn't.

Investment Counselor: In some ways my favourite, except that it was so terribly open ended. Who is that Jane program, exactly? There were hints that it might be malevolent, but then nothing happened.
(EDIT: I now realize that Jane is a character in some of the sequels. This story is not meant to be read alone.)

So all in all: fine.

No comments: