Saturday, January 9, 2010

Firebirds

ed. by Sharyn November

Grade: Unfinished
Read: To page 228, "Hope Chest" by Garth Nix.

--"Cotillion" was a bit too romantic.
--Megan Whalen Turner is fantastic and I'll read anything and everything by her.
--"Beauty" was a bit too romantic. (It might have been better if I had remembered the characters from "Crown Duel", though.)
--"Mariposa" was good. Maybe I can catch a tiny bit of Springer's feminism coming out. It wasn't bad, though.
--"Max Mondrosch" was very sad. But good.
--"The Fall of Ys" was OK. Not my favourite.
--"Medusa" by Michael Cadnum was good and mythological. I should look him up.
--"The Black Fox" was creepy, but confirmed my love of graphic novels.
--"Byndley" was a typical Faerie story. Good.
--"The Lady of the Ice Garden" was not my favourite. I liked the original "Snow Queen" much better.

That's all I finished before I had to give it back. I'll get it again, hopefully.

No comments: