Monday, April 20, 2009

Hogfather

by Terry Pratchett

Grade: To Own

So, I think I'm getting over my dislike of Terry Pratchett! Well, maybe not totally. I'm still not as into them as Ben, but this one, Reaper Man, and Going Postal are marvellous.

Examples of marvellousness:
Bananas = fish. Read it and find out why.

Ridcully. Ridcully!!! He's sooo funny. I'm not sure what he reminds me of, but he reminds me of whatever it is very strongly.

Death is awesome:
"This shack had an iron stove, with a pipe that went up through the thick cabbage-leaf thatch.
Voices echoed faintly within the pipe.
THIS IS REALLY, REALLY STUPID."

"I HAVE ALWAYS CHOSEN THE PATH OF DUTY.
'Right, master.'
The sleigh sped on.
I AM THOROUGHLY IN CONTROL AND FIRM OF PURPOSE.
'No problem there, then, master.'
NO NEED TO WORRY AT ALL.
'Pleased to hear it, master.'
IF I HAD A FIRST NAME, 'DUTY' WOULD BE MY MIDDLE NAME.
'Good.'
NEVERTHELESS...
Albert strained his ears and thought he heard, just on the edge of hearing, a voice whisper sadly.
HO. HO. HO."

Awww!!

Oh, and Susan. Love how she can do THE VOICE.

No comments: